My background is critical care/acute nursing and I spent several years as a critical care and acute medicine educator in different Trusts. I started my academic career at the school of medicine University of Leeds where I was a clinical skills facilitator for medical and dental students. I moved to the school of healthcare University of Leeds as an adult nursing lecturer in 2011. I was the academic lead for clinical skills and simulation from 2012 to 2019.
I joined the University of Huddersfield in December 2019. I am the module leader for HMN 3110 a practice placement module, year 1 cohort lead, a personal tutor and teach on various modules.
My interests remain in acute/critical care nursing/teaching, Clinical skills and simulation education and patient safety.
Previous Work History
- Academic lead for clinical skills and simulation, Adult lecturer University of Leeds 30 Sep 2011 → 31 Dec 2019
- IDEALS tutor 31 Oct 2010 → 31 Dec 2019
- Clinical skills facilitator school of medicine University of Leeds 31 May 2008 → 31 May 2011
- Clinical Educator LTHT acute medicine 31 May 2005 → 31 May 2009
- Critical care educator Nuffield Hospital Leeds 31 May 2003 → 31 May 2005
- Critical care educator Airedale Hospital 31 Dec 2001 → 31 May 2003
- Senior staff critical care unit Airedale Hospital 31 May 1996 → 31 May 2003
- Staff nurse acute medicine Airedale Hospital 31 May 1994 → 31 May 1996
- Student nurse - Training school of Nursing Airedale Hospital 31 Mar 1991 → 31 May 1994
Research Expertise and Interests
- Clinical Skills, Simulation and patient safety