Research Output per year
Jay Payne is A lecturer in Animation & Motion Graphics and joined the University in November 2010. He has a professional background in Technical Illustration, Graphic Design and Prop Making. Born in Huddersfield, he now lives in the Halifax area. As a practitioner he has collaborated with musicians to create motion graphics works; with theatre companies to make avant-garde theatrical props; and has a professional practice creating 3d models and animations.
Research Expertise and Interests
- Investigating software tools & developments for animators and Motion Artists.
- Technical support for Digital Artists.
- Research support for 3d Modelling, VFX Supporting animators, photographers and contemporary artists.
- An interest in experimental film making, animation and the moving image.
- Visual experimentation based around the notion of the sketchbook and how it translates to motion based art forms.