Synthetic, spectroscopic, computational and biological imaging studies of platinum trimethyl bipyridyl thiolate complexes of the general formula [PtMe3(bpy)SR] reveal these to be easily accessed, tunable bioimaging agents which feature an unusual σ-π∗ Inter-Ligand Charge Transfer (ILCT) transition, and in some cases emit into the Near infra-red (NIR).
- Department of Biological and Geographical Sciences - Senior Research Fellow
- School of Applied Sciences
- Cellular and Molecular Models of Disease Centre - Member
- Centre for Functional Materials - Associate Membership
- Evolutionary Genomics Research Centre - Associate Membership