Multitarget synthetic strategies to access novel photochromic 3H-naphtho[2,1-b]pyrans decorated with pyridyl units are described. The new pyridyl-substituted 3H-naphtho[2,1-b]pyrans display good photochromic properties with reversible generation of photomerocyanines, which exhibit mainly orange/red hues. Photochromic parameters including photocolorability and persistence of color vary tremendously on structural modification of the naphthopyran core.
|Number of pages||25|
|Journal||Journal of Organic Chemistry|
|Early online date||27 Jul 2020|
|Publication status||Published - 21 Aug 2020|
FingerprintDive into the research topics of 'Synthesis and Photochromism of Novel Pyridyl Substituted Naphthopyrans'. Together they form a unique fingerprint.
- Department of Chemical Sciences - Professor
- School of Applied Sciences
- Chemical Synthesis and Design Centre - Director
- Centre for Functional Materials - Associate Member
- Technical Textiles Research Centre - Associate Member