Sixteen new isothiazoloisoxazole 1,1-dioxides, one new isothiazolotriazole and one new isothiazolopyrazole have been synthesised by using 1,3-dipolar cycloadditions to isothiazole 1,1-dioxides. One sub-set of these isothiazoloisoxazoles showed low μM activity against a human breast carcinoma cell line, whilst a second sub-set plus the isothiazolotriazole demonstrated an interesting restricted rotation of sterically hindered bridgehead substituents. A thiazete 1,1-dioxide produced from one of the isothiazole 1,1-dioxides underwent conversion into an unknown 1,2,3-oxathiazolin-2-oxide upon treatment with Lewis acids, but was inert towards 1,3-dipoles and cyclopropenones. Six supporting crystal structures are included.
FingerprintDive into the research topics of 'Synthesis, conformation and antiproliferative activity of isothiazoloisoxazole 1,1-dioxides'. Together they form a unique fingerprint.
- Department of Chemical Sciences - Reader - Complex Pathway Leader
- School of Applied Sciences
- Chemical Synthesis and Design Centre - Member
- Pharmacology and Therapeutics Centre - Associate Member
- Microbial Therapeutics and Infection Control Centre - Associate Member